Below is a drawing of the eye with some of the more important parts numbered. Write the names of the parts of the eye and their functions in the proper boxes. The clue list is there to help you.
(Move your mouse over the illustration to see a colorized version.)
1. Cornea. Outermost transparent layer of eye. Begins focusing process.
2. Pupil. Opening to the inner eye.
3. Iris. Controls size of pupil.
4. Lens. Focuses image of object (on retina).
5. Retina. Contains cells that detect light.
6. Ciliary muscle. Controls shape of the eye.
7. Optic Nerve. Transmits information to the brain.